Contact Info / Websites
I just uploaded the final (hopefully) build of my first game, Psychopomp.
This was the product of a few weeks of messing around with HaxeFlixel, and many futile efforts with other tools before that. It started as a simple platformer example and ended up becoming an interesting little puzzle game. There are multiple objects you can interact with in the environment using your mouse, and you control multiple 'souls' at once, trying to guide them to portals which often will disappear after a set time limit.
Have some screenshots:
Play it here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/676880
Many thanks to Atlas and Kassich for making their music freely available on the audio portal and helping bring my game to life.
My final thoughts:
- It feels good to finish something for once.
- Tools I used: HaxeDevelop (programming), Ogmo (levels), Paint.NET (art), FreePlane (productivity), Bfxr (sound), Piskel (animations)
- The "Placement" level probably shows up too early, and is definitely more difficult than I had intended it to be
- Level 19 is hard. If you need a hint, remember that you can 'trap' souls with the moving platforms.
- I feel really good about the pacing overall.
- I might push it to other sites if there's a good response.
- The Newgrounds API seems interesting but I'm sort of confused about how to integrate it into a HaxeFlixel project, so I won't for now.
- I hope it doesn't get blammed O.O
Message me if you want to become a beta tester for future games (I could use a few volunteers).